Prism Spinning Flip Kite - Spectrum
A truly unique kiting experience awaits with Prism's eye-catching new Flip Kite. Based on a patented design by Steve Wingert, the Flip's rotor spins its way into the sky. Like a kaleidoscope in motion, the vivid graphics blend and blur, creating colors and patterns that can only be seen while it spins. It's easy to fly in a wide wind range, and the vertical ring acts like a stabilizing gyroscope making it rock-steady even in gusty winds. The magic of this unusual little kite will bring a smile to your face and stares of amazement wherever you fly.
Rotors are one of the eight basic kite forms, yet few people have flown or even seen one. Rotors fly by spinning with the wind, achieving lift via the Magnus Effect, the same principle that gives golf balls loft and baseball pitches their curve. As the kite flies, you'll feel a pulsing at the end of your line while it spins as fast as 200rpm like a mysterious, wind powered machine.
Best of all, there's literally no assembly required. Just flip the stabilizing ring from flat to vertical, clip on your flying line and you're ready to go. Find a little wind, pop it open, and watch it spin as it climbs into the sky. Amazingly durable, the Flip Kite is fun and easy to fly for all ages. Comes with 200' of Dacron flying line and line winder.
- Unique patented design with eye-catching graphics that come alive as it spins
- No assembly needed, folds flat for easy transport
- Super-easy to fly and incredibly stable even in gusty winds
- Colorfast polyester sail and carbon/fiberglass frame flies in 6-25mph
- Ready to fly with 200 feet of Dacron flying line and winder included
Flip Kite Specs
- Skill Level: Intermediate. This is not a beginner kite and requires more wind to fly.
- Kite Size: 16" x 22" x 16" (42 x 57 x 42 cm)
- Wind Range: 6 - 25 mph (9.5 - 40 kmh)
- Pull: Light
- Frame: Pultruded Graphite, Fiberglass
- Sail: Ripstop Polyester
- Flying Line: 200' x 20 lbs Dacron included