Melissa & Doug Farm Friends Hand Puppets
You get four individual hand puppets in this set. It includes a sheep, pig, cow and horse and they are incredibly soft and cute. Your child can act out all sorts of stories with these puppets all while developing motor skills, hand-eye coordination, communication skills and so much more. These are also made from washable fabrics so you will be able to use these over and over for years to come.
Recommended for ages 2+
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Help the child identify each animal. Then make its animal sound together.
- Help the child describe the colors, patterns, and other details of each animal.
- As you use two of the puppets, ask the child to be the farmer and pretend to feed, brush, and pet each animal.
- Use the puppets to ask the child questions, and let the child ask questions of the puppet, too. For instance, the puppet might ask the child what it's like to be a kid, or ask about favorite snacks, games, or friends.
- Place one puppet on your hand and one on the child's hand. Use your puppets to ask the child's puppet questions. For instance, "I want to go to school with you, Pig. What is it like there?"
- Use the animals to act out a "people" scene that's familiar to the child. For instance, you might have the cow go on a trip to the library to find a new book. Allow the child to join in the scene or simply observe.
- Use the puppets to act out challenging social scenes, and encourage the child to help you resolve them. For instance, perhaps the horse wants to play with the sheep but doesn't know how to ask, or maybe the pig is being too bossy and the other animals are upset.
- Encourage the child to make up a story of his or her choosing and act it out as a puppet show. Optional: Add a stage for the big performance, make a poster with the name of the play, and create and collect tickets from the audience members.